Gifting this Christmas

Adrienne Andersen


Today, I decided to take a break from the hustle and bustle of life, so I went into the city centre.
On arriving there, I noticed instantly how blocked and packed with people it was. Every store was filled with people and everyone was eagerly moving towards somewhere or something, as the evening approached the faster their speed of movement. I wondered why all the frenzy, suddenly as if I had just opened my eyes, a guy passed by me with 3 or more huge fancy shopping bags, neatly wrapped like gifts bags and then I looked around and soon found that almost all the people around me had 1 or more bags like that, most from big brands like Hermes, Apple etc. So now I know why the craze, people were buying gifts for loved ones and family or friends. Its Christmas  after all- the gifting period. Here, In fact people seemed to be trying to out do one another in gifting and I am forced to take a good look at this gifting Christmas culture around the world.



Yes, it is good to receive gifts and in fact I will love to be gifted an item or two , or something even luxurious this season....... cheeky me LOL!  But I haven't lost my head in this crazy and expensive culture. Looking at Christmas as a whole, I find that it is a very expensive period from travelling, either to meet loved ones or get back to them or even for some get away holiday to buying gifts for most people around you or  to cooking a storm in the kitchen for them etc, all of these requires some form of spending. Its either one is spending cash wise - money or physically -strength and time. I notice either way, at the end we are all feel exhausted  from all the spending and depending on how the people you gifted view life, after all that spending, some will appreciate it and like it or  not some people will NOT. And guess what? There is nothing you can do about it! Absolutely nah! dah!



In fact , you as the "gifter" may also regret having spent much or decide to brush the feeling of lost aside referring it to appreciation or whatever makes you sleep at night and again it depends on your thought pattern of life as an individual. Now in as much as we all love gifting and some more,  we must know that there are people somewhere asking to get feed just from bread crumbs while we are here trying so hard to out gift one another with gifts that we may not use or that we throw aside after one or no use all either because we don't like the gifts or even forgot about them.

I know some people will want to say but how do I find the people needing help, and I will say. "look around you, am sure not all your friends are doing greatly in their lives or are at the same level with you and they must have mentioned it at one point or the other". Why not extend a hand of help towards them this season? Christmas really is for sharing with those who have none and not mainly for those who already have enough or all . If we look at the story of Jesus we will see that He was always breaking bread and feeding the people(mostly poor), this should be the practice, Santa Claus was giving to the poor, and that was where the history of gifting during Christmas originated from. But for some reasons over the year and these days we have forgotten all of that and we now only concentrate on those who have it all already.  A funny and sad scenario is that, some people are even asking or expecting gifts from those who can't afford them, while they who are richer  have nothing to give them.  What a sad world! I know we may want to link appreciation to gifting our loved one but we must not forget that those who have less or have non should get the bigger portion.

Examine your minds this Christmas and use it to do good to others. What do you think? Let me know.

Before you go, I have put together a few Christmas item from Amazon that would be amazing gifts for this season. 👇🏼 Merry Christmas and Compliments of the season all. XOXO

Becoming

0 comment:

Post a Comment