How I read my bible - Bible Journaling.




Hi everyone,

Hoping we are all having a great holiday. First and foremost, I will like to wish you a Merry Christmas and a wondrous new year ahead.

I have had the most fun and blessed Christmas this year with family and friends and ofcourse with loads of laughter and blessings. Now, just before the year runs out, I promised in one of my last blogs that I will be telling you how I got into reading my Bible in a fun way that has got me spending more time with the Lord, speaking and conversing with Him daily - Bible journaling, if you didn't read the post, its here.  God showed me this while I was online searching for free (yes, I love free items and I may still love them even after I become a trillionaire ...hahahaha) painting/colouring by numbers art. I searched frantically that day like I was addicted and before I knew it I stumbled on videos and articles about Bible journaling. Suddenly I remembered my Family here in Aix en Provence (an amazing English family that I have grown to love and appreciate over the years because of how good their heart is and how supportive they can be - they give me joy!!) and how In the first few months of meeting her(the mom), I stumbled into her room where she had her bible, coloured with craft items everywhere and prayer requests written on them, pictures and all sorts of fun items that instantly caught my Art heart and immediately, I said, "I will like to do that someday".

Someday........ a year down the line and here I was with the opportunity and the dying hunger in me to act on it fast. As soon as I saw the first article , I researched more and more till it was dark in the day, I had not eaten or moved from my position and I noticed I had carried out some orders with very little funds in my account.....hahahahah! oh dear!
And my life, my entire life and studying the word has never been the same since then.


So what is Bible Journaling?

Bible journaling is an exciting approach or way to engage with God through the scripture using the Bible. It's usually a way to document your personal journey and relationship with God. It is an venue to record your journey and to build stronger more interesting conversations with God using Art.  The end goal is usually that it transforms the way you spend time in the word of God and it just starts from the margins of your bible. Finally , you can keep the Bible as memorabilia for your family :).

Some may say, hang on a minute, Shirley, you mean you write in your bible?.... First and formost you must understand that this is a personal decision to write in your bible. In as much as you may think that it is forbidden to write in the bible because of one reason or the other , you must also know that the bible in your hands is not the manuscript or the original, its a printed work fabricated on paper, made from wood in a certain  factory somewhere.  The words are the light we seek and the most important aspect of it all.

So, how do I start? Show me the way fast.....
Generally all you need to start is a bible no matter which one, however there are various Bible Journals or Creative Bibles now in the market,  do a research and get the most affordable one for you, depending on which you want. Just make sure you get your bible in the version that you best understand the language, there is no point in getting a bible  in a language that makes reading and understanding the word hard and boring or because everyone has the same version, so you must get same. This is the mistake that has been made by many for centuries now. I for one started reading with King James version and often found it difficult and boring. I guessed I most have picked my bible in that version because everyone around me used one, what a great error! If you are in this category of people, take the new year to change your bible to one that suits your visual and auditory capacity. Thankfully we have a huge list of today's language or English bible translations to choose from.  Following everyone never saves, even your pastor is using the version he best understands, do same.....
Do yourself some good and be wise!

Next you need a Journal
Some Crayons or Gel Pens
Highlighters
Pens ,
You may also need some Washi Tapes
Stickerss etc
After which you can add more utensils later as you grow in journaling, there are a lot of printable sites and items to buy online or in a crafts shop, I will put down some free links below for those willing to start.

Process
I personally use a process I call "PRAR'D" (Pronounced as "Prayed")

Pray - Before you start, ask God for his presence, understanding and to come communicate with  you.

Read and Reflect: Read the Bible texts as you deem fit and reflect on the words and verses for those that particularly speaks to your heart, to you in general or your situation at the time. Finally

Design - This is where you RESPOND and COMMUNICATE with God, write down, design, paint or draw all that has been ministered to you during your study in your bible or on separate journal.

If you will like to start journaling here are some FREE printable sites to start with.(Print items on sticker papers or hard card material or plain A4 papers, cut them out and glue on your bible or journals). Luckily for me, this Christmas, I got some free bible journaling supplies from my family here and I am so excited to try them out.

FREE PRINTABLES LINKS FOR BIBLE JOURNALING

illustrated Faith
Grace in Colours
Grace in color

I will love to hear  back from you about Bible journaling, how you do yours and what you think of them generally.? I hope to also get to incorporate this into my YouTube Channel -Shirley Aipoh coming in the New year where we can learn and rob minds together.

...xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant Work Shirlsss...God bless🙏🏽♥️

    ReplyDelete