Foodie Life 




Yes, I am sure some of you are going to be wondering why this title the Food Life well because that’s the life!!. I love food and I know that there are so many more people like me who love good meals. In fact growing up I prayed for a husband or a man who is a chef, an amazing cook not afraid to try new meals and will love to cook amazing meals for me, hmmm...





By saying I love food does not mean that I'm greedy but that I love the taste of a good meal, I love cooking and I love to eat with others. You see, I love to travel and when I travel I am not afraid to taste in a new meal. Some of you will know how when you travail to a new culture, you get to have the opportunity of tasting something new, to have some meals you've never had before. Well, I am never Afraid to Try a New Meal. In as much as I love to eat and love to have a good meal I also love to cook. Now I know a lot of people who love to eat always say "I'm a foodie, am a foodie" but to be a genuine and real foodie you also have to know, how to cook and love cooking and by cooking I mean you probably like to try your hands on different meals but not that you have to sleep in the kitchen all the day making meals and eating them…. LOL. That's a real Foodie in all its sense, I love attending events whether it's for free food or paid for.



Listen, food is life! but of course, the thing about food and eating is that you also have to watch your weight and especially your metabolism. You must know that you have to balance eating and healthy life together, trust me everyone does that, consciously and unconsciously. I have met some people who just eat as they want but they also fast or exercise as they want or some days they don’t eat as much as they ate on other days. To each his/her own eating plans but do not be overtly carried away that Miss T eats large portions and never gets fat, trust me her metabolism is different and she may be doing any of the above.




Has anyone also realised the joy in eating good food, that sudden excitement that makes you lift your feet in joy like you were kissed by your prince charming and your leg suddenly went up into an angle behind you just as you get the kissing going…. Hmmm! Yes, that! Well, am sure there has to be some sort of correlation between the joy one gets from eating food and love, I personally believe they come from the same space in the brain. Me, I am sure there is a research on this, found some evidence here…..LOL. I feel love sometimes when I see and eat good food, especially on days when I crave a particular meal. I must tell you that food, in general, has some big role in life on a general basis, in most relationships of life, food is indispensable. Food is a binder of relationship, hence why it’s consumed during date nights, business dinners, lunch, friends outing. Even the cinema has popcorn and more (these ones are obviously trying to encourage you to live all your life in the cinema, by hoping you will buy popcorn, hot dogs, Asun, and chips etc and you won’t want to leave but to buy another ticket and eat...LOL). I will assume that it is because eating good food dispenses the "feel good hormones" inside us as humans that we become nicer and of course become extraordinarily patient as opposed to how we were before the eating….Tell me about a hungry girlfriend or boyfriend, we have seen enough of such memes on social media...LOL.



Food is a life saver too, it doesn’t fail and has more successes than failure, either be it made in your kitchen, at your mother’s, father’s, friend’s or in a restaurant. Most, agree that food is more served good than bad, which is why I believe we run to food when we feel bad because it doesn’t fail, it hardly ever fails, its gooooood, its taste is wonderful, if its bitter you can always get a sweet version to ease away the pain.






I recently attended an event and we had some really some good food and desserts. It was a wonderful table of meals from different homes and continents(This can be one of the best ways to serve meals I tell you, and sometimes very bad too :(, as it can taste good and awful as a result of the various combinations of food.). It was indeed a very beautiful day, the sun was on its full blast since winter, everywhere seemed alive, the birds sang with joy and the pools flowed with the radiance of the sun, such beauty it was. It was a baptism event with my church folks at one of the elder’s beautiful home, and it was a really emotional day for me as well, because you know me and the Holy Spirit, well….we are just so good like that, the ceremony reminded me of God’s super, duper love for over the years, that it brought me to tears and an overwhelming surge of his presence all over me, I could feel him and he filled my lips too. It was such a great day and in the midst of it all, I couldn’t hold back my tears as I was obviously overwhelmed. After crying I felt sad and just before the end of the service, I suddenly remembered the table of food we had just shared before the service and the delicious food savoUr came flooding into my memory again, that instantly my face lit up with a big smile and a sense of joy overtook by tears….LOL. The Holy Spirit must know how to catch me….LOOOL.















0 comment:

Post a Comment