Serving others = Love.



Serving others, hmmmm...... My mother implanted this attitude in me at an early age and trust me like every young person, I was always not interested or I was whining about it. Years later, it's my life, its one of those things that get me fulfilled and moving.

My mother would drag me with her to events where everyone was gallantly dressed, including herself and of course my fashion loving self😁.Getting to the church or other events, if there is a need to do anything my mother will be the first to get off her heels and get to work, in fact sometimes she will be well dressed and be scrubbing the floor, washing dishes etc and I will say, "which kind of over sabi be this"- (-why overworking yourself than others?).

She would go to the streets to care for the poor, help with education, work to get the prostitute off the streets, as well as helping better the lives of widows and orphans she just met. She does all these with so much passion and laugher, that sometimes, I am like "sister mum" what are you running onπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

And yes, sometimes she lovingly and motherly (some of you may know what this means) makes me join her too except in dangerous zones, she called it "volunteering" and for me, it was like work as she made it feel back then. To me, I was just available to work, so why not do it.. Gradually I got involved more often in the work and could travel down during my vacation from school to work with some of the small teams of volunteers, church members and people who were willing to make a change by starting one small group at a time.

Unbeknownst to me, my mother was teaching me the ways of God. What it actually means to love like God asked us to or like God loved the church. o serve without a reward or without expecting any reward and to do it with soooo much joy and love, that the next people can almost touch your passion as though its a thing and they can go back home feeling loved or fulfilled.

Serving others crushes down any bit of arrogance because service and arrogance do not and cannot work together. Service humbles you and many will lift you in replacement. Today, my life is more interesting and overwhelming in my services to others and I find that I want to do it more daily. I Take off my shoes, laugh deeply and get to work, genuinely love others and trust me it's fulfilling.

Am not talking about just church here, but also your everyday living, those small groups you find yourself in, your large or small group of friends, your family etc. Volunteer to help serve the drinks or food at events, volunteer to help watch over a baby, volunteers to drive someone to an event or school, volunteer to feed others etc without expecting ant reward at all but just because you want to. People may look down on you when doing it but ignore them, they do not understand, they will soon come to understand and laugh at themselves. These are the secret of a life of joy and a life fulfilled.

How are you serving? have you experienced any great things from serving or is it just me enjoying it all?

xoxo πŸ’‹πŸ’‹

0 comment:

Post a Comment