Coloring by God




I recently fell in love with a new hobby called "colouring by number". I actually stumbled across it by error, someone had mentioned it. In any case, I think it's the latter.  So I had it in my mind to try it out some day being that I had the flair for drawings and paintings. The idea behind colouring by numbers" is to paint a picture printed out on a paper or in a book with a colouring guide as coded in numbers on the picture with each number represent a colour.

So my intention was to get a hobby or a different form of meditation that would suit me while easing my mind,  something different from what I had been doing and that which I had normalised myself to over the years in terms of meditation. Yes, like most christians, I do the quiet time with the bible, I write, I exercise and I have even tried yoga but not all flowed well with my mental and spiritual being and I knew I had to try something else. This particular day came, while watching a YouTube blog, the blogger spoke in passing  about a new habit she had picked up and she was loving, called Colouring by numbers, I remembered that I had also come across some paintings online with numbers on the designs.

Now, you must know that growing up I was a good artist and I liked to paint my drawings with Colouring pencils but in as many people saw my work as good,  I felt like I was an amateur and needed to practice much more - in fact I never saw my drawings with same eye as they saw it and perhaps thats why I lost the hunch for it. Anyways after, one day while researching and looking for an inner pour out, I suddenly remembered it and so there began my young journey in art.



You see I had been so stressed, my mind was full, my head was lamenting, I had gone on my knees in prayers and poured it out to my almighty father in heaven but I still needed to clear my head and but myself in a comfortable position to  get my life in ORDER!


oH oh yea, it seemed like I was  a mess mentally, I was worried and am not much of a talker and at the stage I was at I needed to find a mental hobby aside reading to clear the blockage.  Now, I found out long ago that I have been told too often that I wasn't good enough by those I trusted and loved earlier in my life so I am obsessed with being better all the time ( I have dealt with this earlier) but I still always like to address areas of my life which I find to be slow.  Its amazing how we live our lives be it complicated or uncomplicated, we still always try to find a place when we feel so low and we need to get out.

Anyways, going back to the tale of my colouring, I have done a few colouring since then and moved on to other more interesting activities through this. My first day of painting, I painted a flower I believe and as I painted away, I found myself speaking to God and he to me, it seemed like a conversation in my head, and by the time I had done half of the painting , I felt better. I soon found that God was leading me somewhere with this new hobby. Its amazing and I promise I will write about it in my next post.
He introduced me to something that I never knew existed ...... watch out for my next post to know more ;)

xoxo.....



0 comment:

Post a Comment